How to Install Right Click Tools Enterprise
This post covers automating the install of Right Click Tools Enterprise. The Script used is based off the install script in the last post. We recommend you take a look at that post as well.
Before you can start, you’ll need to collect some files for the source. To do this, you’ll need to install the tools on one machine, and import the license and the configuration.xml file.
First the License File:
This will create a file in the folder: c:\ProgramData\Recast Software\Licenses
Go ahead and fill out rest of the items you want:
Note, these settings are not included in the configuration.xml and will not be part of the deployment.
Now we can grab the Config File and add it to the Source.
The 3rdPartyTools folder has the two exe’s that are not part of Recast and you’ll have to download on your own:
Now that we have the source files, you can build your application.
You can now create your Application Model Apps… look at the last post for more info.
- Installs the Recast Right Click Tools
- Copies over the License Bin File
- Copies over the Configuration.xml File if one not present
- Updates items in the Configuration.xml file [System information]
- Logs the Install.
Additional Right Click Tools Enterprise Resources
- Right Click Tools Client: Enterprise with Server Deployment
- Right Click Tools Helps Co-Managed Intune and ConfigMgr Environments
- 5 Ways Right Click Tools Enterprise Saves Organizational Resources
- Role-Based Permissions in Right Click Tools Enterprise
- How to Remove Content from Distribution Points with Right Click Tools Enterprise