Responsible Disclosure Policy
Recast Software is committed to ensuring the safety and security of our customers. We aim to foster an open partnership with the security community, and we recognize that the work the community does is important in continuing to ensure safety and security for all of our customers. We have developed this policy to both reflect our corporate values and to uphold our legal responsibility to good-faith security researchers that are providing us with their expertise.
Recast Software’s Responsible Disclosure Policy covers the following products:
- Right Click Tools
- Endpoint Insights
- Shift Left for ServiceNow
- Privilege Manager
- Application Manager
- Recast Software Public Website
Recast Software openly accepts vulnerability reports through our Vulnerability Reporting inbox for the currently listed Recast Software products. We agree not to pursue legal action against the following behaviors:
- Engage in testing of systems/research without harming Recast Software or its customers.
- Engage in vulnerability testing within the scope of our vulnerability disclosure program.
- Test on products without affecting customers, or receive permission/consent from customers before engaging in vulnerability testing against their devices/software, etc.
- Adhere to the laws of their location and the location of Recast Software. For example, violating laws that would only result in a claim by Recast Software (and not a criminal claim) may be acceptable as Recast Software is authorizing the activity (reverse engineering or circumventing protective measures) to improve its system.
- Refrain from disclosing vulnerability details to the public before a mutually agreed-upon timeframe expires.
How to Submit a Vulnerability
To submit a vulnerability report to Recast Software’s Product Security Team, please utilize the following email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preference, Prioritization, and Acceptance Criteria
We will use the criteria from the next sections to prioritize and triage submissions.
What we would like to see from you:
- Well-written reports in English will have a higher probability of resolution.
- Reports that include proof-of-concept code equip us to better triage.
- Reports that include only crash dumps or other automated tool output may receive lower priority.
- Reports that include products not on the initial scope list may receive lower priority.
- Please include how you found the bug, the impact, and any potential remediation.
- Please include any plans or intentions for public disclosure.
What you can expect from Recast Software:
- A timely response to your email (within 2 business days).
- After triage, we will send an expected timeline, and commit to being as transparent as possible about the remediation timeline as well as on issues or challenges that may extend it.
- An open dialog to discuss issues.
- Notification when the vulnerability analysis has completed each stage of our review.
If we are unable to resolve communication issues or other problems, Recast Software may bring in a neutral third party to assist in determining how best to handle the vulnerability.