Welcome to Recast’s Endpoint Management Recap, August 2022 – by Daniel Engberg
I hope you’ve all had a great summer and are feeling rejuvenated! It surprised me how much Microsoft and the community have provided during the summer. I can’t wait for the fall!
This month’s major updates and focus have been Windows 365, with tons of updates from Microsoft and the community.
At Recast, the team recently interviewed Sami Laiho for a new series, Q & A with SysAdmin Superstars. Sami is an 11-time Microsoft MVP in Windows OS and a renowned speaker at tech conferences globally.
See you in September!
– Daniel Engberg
Contents – Endpoint Management Recap
- Events / Conference News
- Microsoft Product Announcements
- Hardware Vendor Updates (Tools / Security / Features)
- Community Tools / News
- Recast Updates
Workplace Ninja Summit 2022 (wpninjas.ch) – Monday-Wednesday, September 12-14, 2022 in Luzern, Switzerland
This month, Microsoft released a new version of ConfigMgr, version 2207, with much news from previous technical previews.
For Intune, importing custom ADMX templates is now possible, which is fantastic!
There has also been a lot of focus on Windows 365, with the Endpoint Analytics for Windows 365 going GA.
The last item is that a preview version of Microsoft Dev Box is now available.
Azure Active Directory [What’s New Page]
- Update 2207 for Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager current branch is now available – Microsoft Tech Community
Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune) [What’s New Page]
- Import custom and third party partner ADMX templates in Microsoft Intune | Microsoft Docs
- Day Zero support for Android 13 with Microsoft Endpoint Manager – Microsoft Tech Community
- FAQ: Supporting Microsoft Store experiences on managed devices – Microsoft Tech Community
- Updates to Windows management with Endpoint Manager | Cloud attach, remote help, drivers & more – YouTube
- Intune role-based access control for tenant-attached devices – Configuration Manager | Microsoft Docs
- Remotely assist users that are authenticated by your organization. | Microsoft Docs
Windows [What’s New Page]
- Windows 365
Security Alerts and Info [Microsoft Security Portal – Security Update Guide]
Every month, we cover updates to the tools, scripts, and software provided by the major hardware vendors related to enterprise client management. Check out the ConfigMgr Manufacturers page for a complete list of tools, blog posts, and information about the vendors.
** Much of this information is provided directly from the vendor, so when you see “we” think of it as, “Vendor Name,” and not Recast Software.
- Dell Command Update – version 4.6.0, A00
- Dell Command | Update Windows Universal – version 4.6.0, A00
Due to the sheer amount of community content, I have decided only to include one post per contributor, to keep the size of the endpoint management recap down. Great work everyone with providing so much to us for free!
Podcasts / Blog Series / Video Blogs
- All The Kits – Windows 11 Onboarding and Demo Lab Test Kits – YouTube – (@anoopmannur and @Hoorge)
- Detect anomalies in your Intune environment with Azure Cognitive Services – Part 3 Bluescreen of death detection – Modern Device Management (jannikreinhard.com) – Jannik Reinhard (@jannik_reinhard)
- PowerShell App Deployment Toolkit – [Chapter 2 First look inside] – YouTube – Mattias Melkersen (@MMelkersen)
- Saving electricity in your home lab using Powershell – part 1. Automating graceful shutdown | just another windows noob ? (niallbrady.com) – Niall C. Brady (@ncbrady)
- Saving electricity in your home lab using Powershell – part 2. Starting the previously running vms after power on | just another windows noob ? (niallbrady.com) – Niall C. Brady (@ncbrady)
- Saving electricity in your home lab using Powershell – part 3. Using WOL to wake the lab on demand | just another windows noob ? (niallbrady.com) – Niall C. Brady (@ncbrady)
- S04E01 – The Importance of Training and Other Career Advice w/ Johan Arwidmark (I.T) – YouTube – Steve Hosking, Adam Gross, Ben Reader & Jake Shackelford (@OnPremCloudGuy, @AdamGrossTX, @powers_hell and @shackelfjaco)
- Graph 101 – E5 – Graph 101 Starter Script (I.T) – YouTube – Intune training – Steve Hosking, Adam Gross, Ben Reader & Jake Shackelford (@OnPremCloudGuy, @AdamGrossTX, @powers_hell, and @shackelfjaco)
- Azure AD Device Registration – Part 1 – How to Fix the Pending Registration State Issue? – Shehan Perera:[techBlog] – Shenan Perera (@Shehanperera85)
- Azure AD Device Registration – Part 2 – Use Azure Automation to Get Notified When Devices Go Pending State – Shehan Perera:[techBlog] – Shenan Perera (@Shehanperera85)
- S04E02 – Local Users and Groups – (I.T) – YouTube – Intune Training (@AdamGrossTX, @OnPremCloudGuy, @jgkps, @powers_hell & @shackelfjaco)
- Starting with Log Analytics: Part 4 – Adding Intune datas into Log Analytics workspace | Syst & Deploy (systanddeploy.com) – Damien Van Robaeys (@syst_and_deploy)
- Device Control Polices with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint and Endpoint Manager – Shehan Perera:[techBlog] – Shenan Perera (@Shehanperera85)
- Using Azure AD Device Extension Attributes in Microsoft Endpoint Manager | by Scott Duffey | Learning Microsoft Endpoint Manager (MEM) | Aug, 2022 | Medium – Scott Duffey (@Scottduf)
- Security baselines in Intune for Windows (skymadesimple.io) – Jonas Bøgvad (@JonasBogvad)
- Integrate MTD with Intune (intuneirl.se) – Somesh Pathak (@pathak_somesh)
- Windows 365 Cloud PC Hybrid Azure AD Join Vs Azure AD Join HTMD Blog (anoopcnair.com) – Jitesh Kumar (@jitesh8092)
- Windows 365 provisioning for different regions – Just about the Modern Workplace (joostgelijsteen.com) – Joost Gelijsteen (@Jgelijsteen)
- Getting started with Windows 365 Enterprise using a custom image – All about Microsoft Endpoint Manager (petervanderwoude.nl) – Peter van der Woude (@pvanderwoude)
- Keep Windows 365 current with Autopatch – Mindcore Techblog – Sune Thomsen (@SuneThomsenDK)
- Automatically sending a Teams notification when Autopilot completes with PowerShell and Azure Automation | Syst & Deploy (systanddeploy.com) – Damien Van Robaeys
- (@syst_and_deploy) Microsoft Intune: Install Multiple Apps in Company Portal (prajwaldesai.com) – Prajwal Desai (@PrajwalDesai)
- Top 50 Latest Intune Interview Questions And Answers HTMD Blog (anoopcnair.com) – Abhinav Rana
- Configure Apps to be installed AFTER enrolling in Autopilot (call4cloud.nl) – Rudy Ooms (@Mister_MDM)
- Lockdown Mode in iOS 16 – What happens if the device is already managed ? – TimmyIT.com – Timmy Andersson (@TimmyITdotcom)
- Enable Office 365 License Services Using PowerShell | Jeff Brown Tech – (@JeffWBrown)
- How to import custom ADMX/ADML into Intune – Modern Device Management (jannikreinhard.com) – Jannik Reinhard (@jannik_reinhard)
- MEM Monitoring: Monitor Security baselines in Endpoint Security | Peter Klapwijk – In The Cloud 24-7 (inthecloud247.com) – Peter Klapwjik (@inthecloud_247)
- olastrom.com – Disabling ESP on Cloud PC – Ola Ström (@olastromcom)
- Apps In Windows 365: What Everyone Wants To Know – Thomas Marcussen (@MarcussenThomas)
- How can I use multiple monitors with Windows 365 – Windows 365 – www.windows-noob.com – Niall C. Brady (@ncbrady)
- Deploying Large Applications using Microsoft Intune – Deployment Research – Johan Arwidmark (@jarwidmark)
- How to disable Internet Explorer on Windows 10 Client with Microsoft Intune (ccmtune.fr) – Mogis Christopher (@MogisChris59)
- Logging the Co-management and Defender onboarding process during OSD – CCMEXEC.COM – Enterprise Mobility – Jörgen Nilsson (@ccmexec)
- Upgrading ConfigMgr Infrastructure – Tips and Gotchas – AJF Tech Chatter (anthonyfontanez.com) – Anthony Fontanez (@ajf8729)
- Right Click Tools + Endpoint Insights: The PB&J of SCCM (danielengberg.com) – Daniel Engberg
- SCCM Maintenance Windows Creation based on Patch Tuesday (danielengberg.com)
- SCCM Remove Computer from Collection after OSD (systemcenterdudes.com) – Benoit Lecours (@benoitlecours)
- SCCM 2207 Upgrade Step By Step Guide | New Features HTMD Blog (anoopcnair.com) – Jitesh Kumar (@jitesh8092)
- Relationship Between a SUG and a Deployment Package (adminsam.com) – Samarth Joshi (@iamsamarthjoshi)
- Fixing Configuration Manager Azure Active Directory Authentication Error AADSTS50011 – tech.tristantyson.com – Tristan Tyson (@modernenduser)
- Task Sequence Basics – Intel Optane Drives – MSEndpointMgr – Maurice Daly (@modaly_it)
- How to Send Notifications from ConfigMgr Console using RCT (prajwaldesai.com) – Prajwal Desai (@PrajwalDesai)
Other SysAdmin Info
- Report on changed Active Directory groups using PowerShell | PowerShell is fun ? – Harm Veenstra (@HarmVeenstra)
- Reporting group membership for critical Active Directory groups – Evotec – Przemysław Kłys (@PrzemyslawKlys)
- Group Policy To Hide Windows 11 System Requirements Not Met Watermark HTMD Blog (anoopcnair.com) – Anoop C Nair (@anoopmannur)
- How To Increase Virtual Memory In Windows 11 HTMD Blog (anoopcnair.com) – Alok Kumar Mishra
- Configure attack surface reduction in Microsoft Defender using Group Policy or PowerShell – 4sysops – Wolfgang Sommergut
- It’s Time to Move To Modern Authentication! (intuneirl.se) – Somesh Pathak (@pathak_somesh)
- Don’t forget the supply chain (skymadesimple.io) – Jonas Bøgvad (@JonasBogvad)
- Introduction of the Chocolatey Intune App Creator – Modern Device Management (jannikreinhard.com) – Jannik Reinhard (@jannik_reinhard)
- Bulk Registration Token Automation During TS – Ioan Popovici (@IoanPopovici)
- The fourth installment of our five-part webinar series on Endpoint Insights is now available on-demand. Register here to catch the fifth part on September 27th.
- Read our recent interviews with SysAdmin Superstars Prajwal Desai and Sami Laiho.
- We are hiring! If you or someone you know is looking to make a huge impact at a fast-growing company, take a look at our job postings and apply today.
- Follow us on Twitter @RecastSoftware to hear the latest.
Thank you for checking out Recast’s Endpoint Management Recap – August 2022. Stay tuned for more helpful content coming your way.
See how Right Click Tools are changing the way systems are managed.
Immediately boost productivity with our limited, free to use, Community Edition.
Get started with Right Click Tools today: