I ran into this issue when I was trying to convert one of our existing SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) software update reports, found in Enhansoft Reporting, to Configuration Manager 2012 R2 (CM12 R2) by enabling the RBA feature. Lately, I have become quite adept at converting CM12 SSRS reports for use with RBA in CM12 R2, so after doing a bit of research I discovered that there are a few steps to determine the locale.
By the way, these steps work with both CM12 and CM12 R2.
- Create an internal prompt called locale
- Set the default value to =User!Language
- Add the following T-SQL at the beginning of your query:
Declare @lcid as int
set @lcid = dbo.fn_LShortNameToLCID(@locale)
- Use the @lcid variable anytime you need the locale details.
It’s not obvious, but I made the following screenshot as I was converting one of our software update reports:
If you have any questions about how to determine the locale of SSRS reports in SCCM 2012, please leave me a note in the comment section below. You can also contact me on Twitter @GarthMJ.
See how Right Click Tools are changing the way systems are managed.
Immediately boost productivity with our limited, free to use, Community Edition.
Get started with Right Click Tools today: