Post 8, the post where we actually install Configuration Manager.
We’ve been building up to this one, all the ground work has been laid. Let install ConfigMgr.
Troubleshooting… when I went to install ConfigMgr I found that my Schema was NOT extended, even through I thought It was. So I did it manually on the DC itself following the directions on Docs
The latest version that was available when I wrote this post was 1910, however the download available was 1902… so we’ll install 1902 and then update it.
I’d recommend not doing a bunch of the settings until you’ve setup 1910 and hotfix. I had started to configure things, just to have the changes lost, or new features popup that I needed to reconfigure.
In the next post, I’ll go into getting things setup now that you have a CM Primary Site.
Blog Post List
Series Introduction – Building a CM Lab from Scratch
- Domain Controller – Setting up your Domain Controller
- Gateway Virtual Machine – Creating a Router for your Lab using Windows Server
- Certificate Authority – On Domain Controller [Optional]
- ConfigMgr Server Pre-Reqs (Windows Features)
- Configuration Settings (AD & GPOs)
- Source Server (File Share)
- ConfigMgr SQL Install
- ConfigMgr Install
- ConfigMgr Basic Settings
- ConfigMgr Collections & App Deployment
- ConfigMgr OSD
- ConfigMgr Reporting Services
See how Right Click Tools are changing the way systems are managed.
Immediately boost productivity with our limited, free to use, Community Edition.
Get started with Right Click Tools today: