<img style=”float: right;” src=”https://www.recastsoftware.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Recast-Logo-Dark_Horizontal.svg” alt=”Image” height=”43″ width=”150″>
ConfigMgr Lab Setup Series
- MS Download Site for ConfigMgr & CM Tech Preview
- Visual Studio Subscriptions for your Server and Client OS (Requires Subscription)
- Eval Center for Server and Client OS Evals (Free)
Recast Lab Build Out
Here is a lab I build for using here at Recast, as I was building it out, I took time to document it along the way as I often need to reference what I did when I set things up, and since I was taking time, thought I’d share.
- Building a ConfigMgr Lab from Scratch – Series Intro
- Domain Controller VM
- Gateway VM
- Certificate Authority
- ConfigMgr [MEMCM] Server Pre-Reqs
- Configuration Settings (AD / GPO)
- ConfigMgr Source Share
- ConfigMgr [MEMCM] Installing SQL
- ConfigMgr Install
- ConfigMgr Settings Setup
- ConfigMgr Collections / App Deployments 
- Operating System Deployment
- SQL Reporting Services (SSRS)
Microsoft Supplied Lab Kit
Microsoft has a lab kit you can download and built on a hyper V server. It has all the pieces you need to start testing. I’ve used this a few times as “throw away labs” that I want to reproduce a test on a lab that is not my own to confirm something works, or a bug.
Other Community Lab Series
- YouTube – Setup ConfigMgr Step by Step – PatchMyPC
- GitHub – Skatterbrainz – CMBuild
- Hydration Kit For Windows Server 2016 and ConfigMgr Current / Technical Preview Branch
- Hydration Kit For Windows Server 2019, SQL Server 2017 and ConfigMgr Current Branch
- GitHub – Automated Lab
Handy Lab Tools #NotForProduction
- PatchMyPC Home Updater – Keep your 3rd party apps updated on your test machines.
- Blog Post – Leverage ninite.com to install Apps in your Lab
About Recast Software
1 in 3 organizations using Microsoft Configuration Manager rely on Right Click Tools to surface vulnerabilities and remediate quicker than ever before.
Download Free Tools
See how Right Click Tools are changing the way systems are managed.
Immediately boost productivity with our limited, free to use, Community Edition.
Get started with Right Click Tools today: